The Lazy Lady’s Split End Savior

It’s a phenomenon — no matter whether I’m six months from my last trim (don’t judge!) or breezing out of the salon with a freshly-snipped ‘do, my ends are a scandal.  A scandal.  It bears repeating!  No matter what I do, I always have split ends.  My hair is looong, so my ends have been around for a good three or four years, suffering every heat-styling, color-processing and chemical straightening indignity imaginable.  My ends are beat-down, dammit, and they want me to know.  I wish I had the time to schedule a standing trim appointment, but since I don’t, I’m forced to fake it.  There’s no business like faux business.

And I’ve found that John Frieda Full Repair Perfect Ends Sheer Mist ($7.99) is the perfect enabler.  A blowout’s best friend!  Blended with Inca Inchi, a fancy micro-oil rich in omega-3, this sheer, feather-light mist quickly absorbs into busted ends, magically making them look glossy, healthy and bouncy.  I bring it to Sex on Fire, my unsettlingly voluptuous Dominican stylist, and she spritzes it on my damp ends before blow-drying.  The difference is staggering!  Now, Perfect Ends doesn’t fix the problem — but it does protect strands from heat damage, which stops more split ends from joining your party.  Try it, you’ll love it.

1. March 20, 2012 6:20 pm

Oh honey, I’m so glad you’re back… this post is RIGHT ON TIME! I’ve been transitioning since 09 & THOUGHT I had all the relaxed ends cut off by now (my lovely stylist is trimming them off gradually) but when I wash & blow-dry at home, my ends look a hot mess & the texture difference is staggering. No split ends but just dry & um, raggedy lookin’. I’m going to buy this today!

2. AngelsMama
    March 20, 2012 10:43 pm

I LOVE this stuff…works great, unfortunatly, at my house i need to hide becasue ever since i let my mom in on this secret my bottle of full repair has gone missing…SUSPICIOUS!!!

3. March 20, 2012 11:53 pm

Welcome back, Tia! Just added you back onto my blog read list! I’d forgotten how funny you were. “=) I look forward to reading your blogs again and getting the 411 on new products and happenings!

4. March 21, 2012 9:58 am

I’m in the same boat! I always have split ends. Thanks for suggesting Perfect Ends.

5. Simone Pratt
    March 22, 2012 9:39 am

Ok why didn’t you bring back your blog 3 months ago?!? I could have used this reco FOR REAL! ! I hadn’t had a trim in 6 months, got a domini blow out and waltzed in another salon I hadn’t been to in 10 years for a “trim” to “trim” off my frizzy ends. “What’s the worse that could happen” I thought?! Well. I curse the day I sat in that chair. Looked fine straight but when I washed my curly hair was thinned out!!!! I had to go back to have someone fix it. My almost shoulder length curly haur is now cheek length on sides, above the ears in the back. Popping a biotin 🙂

6. March 31, 2012 12:15 am

I just picked this up at Walmart – it was on clearance for $3 & there was only one left. Odd. I do hope this won’t be discontinued as I just discovered it & can’t wait to try it out.