SYB Freebie: Carol’s Daughter Coconut Collection

Pla-doowww.

I’d never been a huge fan of coconut-scented products…until I caught one whiff of Carol’s Daughter’s Coconut Shea Souffle and then dove headfirst into the luscious, gloriously rich cream. Girls. This collection is so lovely, and not just because the faint scent is so tropical and summery and takes us out of this chilly, rainy weather — but also because the products themselves are genius! Coconut Body Cleansing Cream, Coconut Frappé Body Lotion, Coconut Dry Oil Mist (I spray this on everything, my hair, my elbows, everywhere) and Coconut Shea Soufflé are all blended coconut water, water lily and sheer amber, which leaves your skin baby-soft and lusciously supple.

Good news, homies. I’m giving away one free set of Carol’s Daughter Coconut Collection ($79)! Let me know your favorite bath and body product fragrance in the comments section, and the most memorable comment wins. I’ll announce the winner next Monday. Good luck, SYB Babes!

1. yoruba
    April 12, 2012 1:15 pm

Is it cheesy that I love warm vanilla sugar from bath and body works?

• Nikki
      April 12, 2012 7:25 pm

I love Warm Vanilla Body Sugar from Bath and Body Works. I had the collection, scrub, lotion and the body wash. It was an all time favorite for me in my college years. I really thought I was doing it with that scent! It was a must for me! Reasonable Price and smelled Divine 🙂

2. Christie
    April 12, 2012 1:58 pm

My favorite bath scent is hands down Philosophy’s Senorita Margarita shower gel. The first time I caught a whiff of this intoxicating fragrance, it was as if someone had slapped me silly and called me Lolita. I felt transported to some Spanish hacienda with my drink and my two step. A tad dramatic? Yes. But that is exactly how I remember my introduction to that scent. 😉

3. Dania
    April 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Old fashioned Palmers cocoa butter, it doesn’t get any better than that!

4. TNDRHRT
    April 12, 2012 2:43 pm

LaLicious’s Coconut Cream! So perfect for spring and summer. I love taking showers just so I can scrub my body with that scent! I’ve even gotten my mother hooked on LaLicious. Her fave scent in the collection is Sugar Kiss. She just called me a few days ago to say she needed a restock. I quickly ordered her another batch.

5. Simone Pratt
    April 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Hmmm… I’ve always been partial to citrus-ie scents for morning showers/AM routine (to get me “up and at ’em”). Opens my eyes, gets me hype and dancing around like a iPod TV commercial. For a night bath, luxuriating in my corner tub and steam shower, I prefer vanilla and coconut (ahem). More relaxing and also puts me in a transporting state of mind where if I close my eyes tight, listen to music, dim the lights and light a Diptyque… I may feel like I am on vaca. Oh wait, I have toddler and preschooler boys – I don’t get a chance to do that anymore… dang…

6. April 12, 2012 2:58 pm

So, when I was 7, my mom bought me my very first bottle of perfume. This was huge, because we weren’t well off. I remember the perfume was by Laura Ashley, and it made me feel totally girl, pretty, & lady like. That moment taught me that even if I can’t afford to drape my body in Chanel, I can indulge in a bottle of Mademoiselle CoCo. Although it’s not a couture fragrance, Nubian Heritage, Indian Hemp And Haitian Vetiver reminds me so much of the fresh fragrance my mom gave me as a kid. It always transports me to a peaceful yet empowered place in the morning! Ready to Rise-n-Grind!

7. Kelly
    April 12, 2012 3:01 pm

My sister-in-law sent me some bath products from a little local company in Montreal for Christmas last year. They are scented with marula and neroli, a combination I’d never heard of until I received her gift and to be honest, wouldn’t have chosen for myself. Thank goodness she chose them for me, because they are incredible. I have been using them sparingly since I got them, because I’ll be kind of sad when they are gone! The lovely, sophisticated bitter orange spark mixed with the soothing South African marula oil is kind of wonderful. Aromatic, citrusy, not too overpowering.

8. @felicity_happy
    April 12, 2012 3:18 pm

Ooh, Bath and Body Works used to have this Lemon Meringue scent that was TO DIE FOR! And the sugar scrub was the best thing ever (didn’t taste so bad either, don’t judge me). I wish they’d bring it back 🙁

9. Tif
    April 12, 2012 3:46 pm

I usually don’t like fruity scents, but I always make an exception with coconut! I love peony and vanilla scented products best.

10. Maya
    April 12, 2012 4:05 pm

I die for Fresh Lemon Sugar Bath Gel. It is embarrassingly expensive for something that goes right down the drain, but the scent is so deliriously sweet and crisp– makes you feel like you just took an outdoor shower at a spa in Capri!

11. Carmdee
    April 12, 2012 4:53 pm

I love bath products scented peppermint or with menthol, which smell great and are functional too. The scent reminds me of my Grandmother’s readily available mint candy and of my mom’s homemade, bootleg Vicks rubs. So they wake me up in the morning , clear my sinuses and if you clean your woohaa thoroughly with it, the tingling sensation isn’t half bad :).

12. Lana
    April 12, 2012 6:12 pm

Back in the day, I used to LOVE Bath n Body’s Lavender Lilly scented products, but it’s been discontinued. I’d spray it everywhere… I mean EVERYWHERE, even the va-ja-ja area. Ta-hee!

Now I’m a bit obsessed with Philosophy’s Amazing Grace. You can use it as a body wash and shampoo. The smell is intoxicating!

13. April 12, 2012 6:26 pm

I am partial to cleaner scents, things that smell fresh. For some reason fruity and vanilla are nauseating to me. This came about during my pregnancy, blech!

BUT…I must say my baby girl loves a good coconutty scent so I’d love to win this and use it for her. At 4 yrs old, my lil Queen already has her preferences!

14. Favored
    April 12, 2012 7:07 pm

My taste in fragrances change all the time. Right now I’m loving Chloe shower gel. It’s clean and powdery scented. I also like Prada Candy scrub, so yummy! CD’s almond cookie is bomb, as well as Origin’s A Perfect World. I couldn’t choose one! 🙂

15. Essence
    April 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Bath and Body Works Eucalyptus and Spearmint! OMG..after a long hard day at work..it’s the best thing EVAH…EVAH!!!!…it’s good for perking up in the morning too!

• @felicity_happy
      April 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Ohhh, I love that scent too! Even though when I used it a couple years ago my roommates told me it smelled manly, lol.

16. Sarah W
    April 12, 2012 7:51 pm

Pink Pepperpod from Molton Brown

• Sarah W
      April 12, 2012 7:52 pm

It’s a scent that is almost masculine and it reminds me of my husband!!

17. RG
    April 12, 2012 8:38 pm

I love almond scents, like Carol’s Daughter Almond Cookie! They are sweet, warm and sexy all at the same time. Hits the spot every single time and smells good on almost anyone. Only problem is, that type of scent makes you hungry and crave baked goods 🙁

18. Poppcorrn
    April 12, 2012 9:12 pm

Lavender!!! On myself, my clothes, bed linens, in the air, all the time, everywhere. My boss went to the south of France and brought me back a gift basket of fresh-from-the-fields lavender scented soaps and whatnot, along with bunches of dried lavender. Did I mention my boss is a 70-year-old white guy? Yeah, my lavender love is WELL publicized.

In a heated battle for second place, though: Carol’s Daughter Goddess Flower, LUSH R&B Hair Moisturizer (I don’t know what the fragrance is called, but it is the TRUTH), Tom Ford Violet Blonde and Kiehl’s Original Musk (super-sexy but still keeping it classy)

19. Bonnie
    April 12, 2012 10:29 pm

Love the Coconut Dry Oil Mist. I start out with a wrinkled shriveled body and after spraying myself with Coconut Dry Oil Mist, I have the body of a twenty year old. Oh lala

20. MissyPoo
    April 13, 2012 2:01 am

*waves* Heeeey my fave beauty junkie fairy godmother!! Now on to the topic at hand…In the summer months I love to smell like I just stepped into a lush tropical atmosphere which at times can be a challenge since I, too, can be quite migraine-y! I always have to find a fine balance between being that sweet smelling diva that I want to be and avoiding those strong scents that can trigger my descent into the painful abyss lol. Some of my fave scents are from CD’s Almond Cookie and Ecstacy body products and Bath & Bodyworks Pearberry scented products…they’re great! 😉

21. Nadine P.
    April 13, 2012 3:26 am

I love almond cookie by Carol’s daughter , It smells Really good. like homemade cooking dessert with almonds is what my hot steaming shower smells like . The essence of home-cooking dessert . Yum. Feels like home 🙂

I know this is not a Bath product ,but i love Carol’s daughter’s MONOI collection . It smells like a tropical island . The smelling sensation takes me into a different WORLD . made my hair really soft, It made me stretch my relaxers. I really enjoy carol’s daughter products , the

22. April 13, 2012 12:20 pm

I must say that I have quite a few favorite scents…I love coconut, almond and citrus. But by far the one that puts me in a state of absolute bliss would have to be almond. It just smells so yummy! I have hair care products, body care and even cooking oils/extracts made with almond. I feel in love with it on my wedding day…our wedding cake was made with almond and boy was it delish! =)

23. Heysuga1
    April 13, 2012 2:57 pm

right now, I’ve been rocking Be Enchanted by B&BWs. Its got notes of grape fruit, pear, and vanilla. When I layer it over my organic coconut oil that I use for added moisture…Its pure Yumminess….

24. April 13, 2012 4:33 pm

I love Philosophy’s Peppermint Bark. It’s such a yummy treat, kinda minty, kinda chocolate-y VERY I want to smell like this all day.

25. Kym
    April 13, 2012 4:35 pm

I love this scent. I am wearing it now. I dont want them to ever discontinue it. I first smelled it on the male store manager at the Carols Daughter store in Wheaton Maryland. I wanted to lick his arm he smelled so good! LAWD have mercy.

26. April 16, 2012 6:56 am

I looooooove Carol’s Daughter’s Almond Cookie fragrance. I have quite a few people who call me cookie because I wear it so much and they say I make them crave fresh baked cookies. My saddest CD moment was when she discontinued the full size sprays. Every time I see a a full size Almond Cookie spray I buy it. I seriously have my own little store at home.

27. Pascale
    April 19, 2012 2:40 pm

I know it’s just smelly water but my God, I love it!Diesel Loverdose.This is a true guilty pleasure fragrance;one of those uber commercial fragrances that you know you shouldn’t really like, but you just do.I enjoyed it from the first sniff back in October and put it on my Christmas wishlist. And there is a very particular reason why.It smells like licorice!Yes,even at 22 I run to my CVS and buy 2 packs;one black currant and classic red flavor(BOGO). Of course it’s not going to win any awards for sophistication any time soon but it’s the kind of scent that left me warm and comforted after a winter heartbreak,and that I pull out now whenI need my licorice fix!

28. Miosha
    April 20, 2012 3:17 am

My fave is Flowering Goddess of Carol’s Daughter. It so nice and soft, and I always get compliments when I wear it. I love all of Carols Daughter products, hair and body.