SYB Freebie: L’Occitane Almond Shaping Delight

Ladies, we have a winner for last week’s ‘SYB Freebie: Carol’s Daughter Coconut Collection‘ contest! I asked you to tell me your absolute favorite bath/body product scent, and the chick with the most memorable answer won. A round of applause for Carmdee, who’s answer was both sweetly nostalgic and hilariously vaginal:

“I love bath products scented with peppermint or menthol, which smell great and are functional too. The scent reminds me of my Grandmother’s readily-available mint candy and my mom’s homemade, bootleg Vicks rubs. They wake me up in the morning , clear my sinuses and when I clean my woohaa with it, the tingling sensation isn’t half bad.” — Carmdee

L'Occitane Almond Shaping Delight

This week’s SYB Freebie is a product I’m living and dying for right now: L’Occitane Almond Shaping Delight ($48). This limited edition body gel is loaded with skin-firming, collagen-producing almond extracts that help tighten up loose spots. There’s a complex scientific explanation behind how it works, but it’s crazy complicated and makes my head hurt. All I care about is that it makes the mushy moments on the backs of my thighs feel firmer and sleeker! I massage it into any cellulite-y areas after the bath, like three times a week — and afterwards, I feel super-streamlined and pampered. At-home spa swag.

To enter to win this goodie, hit the comments section and let me know your favorite spa treatment and why!

1. marquita
    April 18, 2012 2:31 pm

my favorite spa treatment is the sea weed wrap. althought very costly the whole experience makes me feel like a big giggly worm but once I am finish I feel like a beautiful butterfly all soft smooth and lean.

2. Candace
    April 18, 2012 5:13 pm

I love massages at my favorite spa in Dallas, Hiatus. Whether I’m stressed, tense or having lower back pain, a good massage always soothes my body and mind. Top it off with lucious aromatherapy and I’m good to go!

3. April 18, 2012 6:24 pm

My favorite spa treatment: Back Treatments. They are heavenly facials for the back, you get a gently exfoliating dry brush treatment followed by a pre-cleanse then an actual cleanse, exfo, extractions (if needed), and the best part – the massage, puts me to sleep everytime – a soothing mask & voila – your back feels like a newborn’s bottom! Seriously can’t stop reaching back there whenever I get it done. I also like giving them too – one fun aspect of la’ gig.

4. April 18, 2012 7:33 pm

My favorite spa treatment is La Perlier White Almond Absolute Comfort Bath Cream. I t smells great and leaves my skin lightly scented. I love it.

5. Keesha
    April 18, 2012 8:10 pm

There’s nothing better than a good seaweed wrap! I had one on my honeymoon cruise, and it made me feel so sultry and other world-ly. In my head, I looked like a green version of Zoe Saldana’s character in Avatar. In reality, I probably looked like swamp thing! But when it was all said and done, I was uber relaxed!

6. Danielle
    April 20, 2012 3:38 am

I splurged on a diva day once and went to the spa at the Ritz in the VI. I had a divine coconut sugar scrub followed by a mango pineapple body wrap. Can you say GLOWING!

7. Monique
    April 22, 2012 1:31 pm

I love sugar scrubs and hot stone treatments. I’m trying to lose weight for my college reunion and have been working out daily, so the body pampering is much needed after weeks of trying workouts.

8. Lisa
    April 24, 2012 8:19 pm

Nothing beats a good body scrub! No matter how many self-scrubs I do at home, a spa scrub makes my skin supple and radiant. Leaving the perfect foundation for my favorite body souffle to soak in. I love the way I feel in summer sundresses and in my sheets san-dresses after a good scrubba-dub-dub!

9. Annie
    April 26, 2012 5:36 pm

I love a good Shiatsu massage. It’s like tough love for your tissue…the perfect balance of pressure and tenderness. Those little Japanese ladies really know how to find your kinks and apply pressure in all the right spots, without causing pain or bruises (like regular deep tissue massages can sometimes do). I can usually find nice spas or salons that offer Shiatsu in NYC that are quite a bit less expensive than traditional spas also…and no, they aren’t anything like those cheap, scary Chinatown joints! My only complaint when I leave a Shiatsu appointment is that it had to end!

10. Emma
    April 9, 2013 9:41 pm

Love the sugar scrub. Leaves my skin extra smooth.