SYB Freebie: Stila ‘In the Garden’ Eyeshadow Palette

Stila In the Garden Eyeshadow Palette

Hola muchachitas! Congrats to Beanie, the winner of last week’s SYB Freebie: Black Opal’s ‘Be a True Lady’ Spring/Summer Collection! For the win, I asked you to describe your sexiest date — and Beanie’s description of a mosquito-laden summer romance tickled me pink. This week, it’s all about Stila’s deeply delicious ‘In the Garden’ Eyeshadow Palette ($39), a collection of ten bold and neutral hues you can wear ten thousand ways [Note: the cobalt blue hue does wonderful, wonderful things for brown eyes. Blend across lid or use a tiny angled brush to sweep along bottom lashlines]. Plus, the palette comes stocked with an 8-page look book with helpful tips and tricks, and an exclusive Smudge Stuck Waterproof Eye Liner in Starfish, a deep black spiked with gold and green shimmer. GORGE.

To win this gem, hit the comments section and confess your biggest celeb crush at 13. The one you lived and died for. What? I’m just nosy πŸ™‚

Did I mention that Shake Your Beauty is nominated for a Style Blogger of Color Award?! If you haven’t already, vote for your girl! Click here: http://bit.ly/JhplKn

1. Cherice
    May 21, 2012 5:03 pm

At 13, you could not tell me that I wasn’t going to marry Jordan Knight and have a slew of beautiful babies with rat tailed hair. I had the dolls, the sheets, watched the cartoon, posters on my wall. The works. To this day, I still think he has the right stuff….

2. Tay
    May 21, 2012 5:35 pm

At 13 my crush was Denzel Washington. He was (and still is, I suppose) CONSIDERABLY older than me, but I guess that’s just my thing. One embarrassing story: One day the whole family was at my aunt’s house, watching movies (I completely forget what movie this was). Denzel had a shirtless scene or something, my aunt exclaimed DAMN! (right in front of my uncle, of course), my twelve year old self turns to her and says, ‘That’s what I’M saying!’. Mom gave me the ultimate side eye, and the fam still dogs me about that 10+ years later… lol.

3. May 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Ralph Macchio. I was so absolutely nuts over him. I remember my friends and I were all going crazy over a Tiger Beat with him on the cover and I was actually screaming and crying. Whoa.

4. Heysuga1
    May 21, 2012 8:25 pm

My biggest crush at age 13 was Romeo from the boy group Immature. No. Really! I don’t know what it was about the bleach-blonde hair and the EYE PATCH that got me going….but my bestie and I were OBSESSED. She loved Marcus Houston and Romeo was all mine…Which was extremely convenient because it allowed us to plan multiple double dates in our heads. One summer, we attempted to attend every concert they had in the greater midwest. Our get-called-up-on-stage outfits of choice were coordinating jean overalls and plaid body suits which conveniently matched the bandanas that we waved frantically in the air (wildly whipping the poor concert-goers behind us in the face repeatedly 0_0).Needless to say it never happened. But at least we tried. *shrug* What the heck were we thinking? lol Totally embarrassed.

5. DRocka
    May 21, 2012 8:48 pm

At 13 I had the biggest crush on the rapper Chi Ali, I just thought he was the cutest thing out. A few Years later we crossed paths and became friends and I ended up marrying a close friend of his while he dated a close friend of mine at the time.

6. Alicia Harper
    May 21, 2012 10:01 pm

My biggest celeb crush at 13 was DeVante Swing! OMG you could not tell me he was not the finest thing walking this earth. I mean I loved Jodeci but that Devante. I was the girl who had pictures on my locker, on my notebooks, covering every inch of my bedroom wall, closet. Im telling you on Stay from forever my lady, he was singing directly to me. Every time my family hears a jodeci song they have to make fun of me but those were some of my best memories from jr high.

7. LaToya
    May 22, 2012 1:01 am

Ok. So my biggest crush is, was & always will be Ralph Tresvant from New Edition. From the first time he spun in the “Can you stand the rain” video, plus the cane?! It was soo bad that because of daydreaming about him I forgot my homework in school. Literally the moment I realize this a video comes on from MC Lyte “you’ll do crazy things in love those in love know what I’m speaking of” And my little self was all “yeah Lyte I feel you” It was real & deep. Did I mention I still have his solo cd? Still.

8. Amanda E.
    May 22, 2012 1:07 am

Michael Jackson – today, tomorrow, and forever! This is long before Jacko and waaaaaaaay before Wacko! πŸ™‚ The β€œIn the Closet” viddy sealed the deal. I dreamt of being Naomi Campbell for a good 6 months after the video aired.

• TNDRHRT
      May 22, 2012 3:15 pm

I loved MJ, too! I had a red leather jacket I wore in junior high and had MJ stickers all over my clarinet case.

9. ceecee
    May 22, 2012 1:27 am

My crush at 13 and for a very long time was Denzel Washington. He was so dreamy, had a killer smile and that swag!! πŸ™‚

10. May 22, 2012 1:41 am

Awwww…Thank you so much!!! I sure can use some new makeup to cheer me up! πŸ™‚ Let me know where you want me to send my address! <3.

11. DrennaB
    May 22, 2012 2:14 am

My crush, my love, my heart at 13 from Mr. Dalvin from Jodeci. I knew they were from Hampton, VA and decided right then that I would go to Hampton University. That way, I’d have to be near them at some point, we’d meet and he’d fall in love with me (even if I was much younger). I’d also factored in that he might be married but the time I got to Hampton so I decided I’d marry his younger brother just to be close to him. LMAO!

*no, I didn’t end up going to Hampton*

12. Joi
    May 22, 2012 2:41 am

My crush at 13 was Gerald “Gee-money” Wells aka Allen Payne. Oh how I loved his curly hair and coolness that he exuded, until he put that pipe to his lips. I was happy to see him on The Cosby Show looking a lot more wholesome shortly after.

13. Dria B
    May 22, 2012 3:01 am

My celebrity crush at 13 was hands down Lil Fizz from the group B2K (shows my age, huh?) That creamy skin, those slanted eyes and his long hair just made my hormones rage even harder! I watched every B2K video, Making the Video, and every 106 & Park episode they were in hoping to get a glance at him. I even had my first dirty dream about that kid. Talk about an epic moment in life…13 was it! πŸ™‚

14. May 22, 2012 11:34 am

My crush at 13 was Nelly! The tats …the muscles, all so intriguing for a little sheltered girl! He was the first rapper that I could “sing” along too since I was not skilled enough to rap fast like Twista or enough of a “g” to know what the hell Biggie or Pac was talking about. Nelly and his nursery rhymes just did something to me (I’m going down down baby! Lol). He still looks good!

15. Tynisha
    May 22, 2012 1:29 pm

I had the BIGGEST crush was New Kids on the Block Jordan Knight. I LOVED all of them but mostly him. So in love I had the books, posters and the sheet set. To this day my grandmother still has the NKOTB sheet set and when I brought home my now ex-fiancee for a weekend visit guess what she put on my bed? Yup!! The NKOTB sheets. Needless to say my ex-fiancee could not wait to get home to tell everyone about those sheets!

16. TNDRHRT
    May 22, 2012 3:13 pm

Oh how I loved fair skinned guys with curly hair. I had major crushies on the brothers DeBarge and the Jets. Remember? “How did you know cuz I never told…you found out…I gotta crush on you!” Sigh…teen dreams.

17. Lua
    May 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Love Stila’s palettes! πŸ™‚
    Hmm…my celeb crush at 13 was definitely Tyrese. I mean really….Baby Boy?! *ugh* So wrong and yet so right. Hehehe

Just discovered your blog and I’m in <3 !!!

18. PrincessDJ
    May 23, 2012 9:45 pm

I do not remember who my crush was at 13…I was too busy breaking out and trying to make boobs out of chicken cutlets. However, the biggest crush I ever had was Bilal from The Boys. We had 2.5 kids,a dog, picket fence…the whole 9. Sigh

19. Nicole
    May 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Age 13- Ralph Tresvant.I used to practice kissing my pillow and I hyphenated my name in the 8th grade “Tresvant” on all of my assignments. I will be reliving that crush next month at the New Edition concert. I asked my husband for a “Hall Pass” if I get close to him that night. He smirked and said “sure honey” … he always underestimates me.

20. Brittany
    May 27, 2012 11:20 pm

My celebrity crush at 13 was Lil Bow Wow. You couldn’t tell me he wasn’t singing directly to me or dancing only for me. I just knew one day we would be together. Sadly he never grew to be taller than 5’4″ so I had to move on, but I’ll always remember our time together.

21. Kim Cunnigham
    May 29, 2012 3:38 pm

At 13 my BIGGEST Crush was on Ron DeVoe from New Edition. I thought his was SOOOO!!, then to top it off we share the same birthday. Novemeber 17th.

Then to my surprise my mom brought me tickets to my first concert, which was New Edition. I scream for Ronnie so much I lost my voice for week.

My mom was happy, she didn’t have to hear me sang Is this then End and Jealous Girl.

22. May 29, 2012 7:42 pm

(100 years late)

My crush at 13 was Jason Weaver, hands down. He had just played young Michael Jackson in the TV movie “The Jacksons: the American Dream” and I have forever been a Michael Jackson STAN.

Not to mention his buttery smooth vocals on the Lion King Soundtrack. And his song “Love Ambition.” He was cute and could sing and he was my age.

Clearly we were meant to be. My 13-year-old self would have looked at my 30-year-old self now and wondered who the hell this current boyfriend is and where is Jason?