Eww. I Really Dislike Kimye.

Why do I hate you so much?

Up until recently, I’ve had no patience for Kimmy hate.  Wayminute…I’m not saying I’m on her #team or anything, just saying that hating on her is more indicative of one’s own issues than hers.  Yeah, she’s boring and has negligible intelligence and is lying, just lying, about her ass and the wedding thing was fucking Satanic…but honestly?  If you had an evil genius Doberman-ager mom who promised to turn your supernaturally stunning looks and embarrassingly slackjawed sex tape into a bazillion dollar business – would you say no?

Madame, you’re lying.  You know you’d be all over it.  So don’t judge.

And yet here I come.  Judging.  I don’t know, yesterday I was lazily scrolling through my Twitter feed and noticed this:

@KimKardashian Rain rain go away.

A very small, benign statement that sent me careening over the edge.  Look, I know I’ve tweeted some dumb shit.  But I don’t think I – or any of the patently amazing women I know – would ever glance at a cloudy, grey sky and even think “rain rain go away,” let alone take it to Twitter.  Kim!  You big dummy!  This is the great wit that’s mesmerized the most lauded creative genius of our time?  When black women were furious about her boning all those black athletes, I couldn’t have cared less.  What sucks is that she bagged the genius.

Then I proceeded to get annoyed at her for all kinds of things she can’t even help (I can’t pay my mortgage?  Yo fuck Kim Kardashian!!).  But seriously, beyond the intelligence inequity, I hate the look of Kimye.  To a generation of young black girls, they reinforce the idea that they never have a chance with the A+ black man — because all he wants is an ethnically ambiguous blow up doll (I won’t even get into a bar conversation I overhead, where a group of black finance douches listed their girlfriend requirements – the top of which was that the girl be mixed with something “exotic.”  Plain old mulatto isn’t even poppin’ anymore!  And a “regular” black chick?  Invisible…no matter how beautiful, intelligent or charming).  Kanye doesn’t want a dazzling black woman, a girl that looks like his beloved mom – and this is not helping the self esteem of the teen girls doing unsavory things to afford slapping the world’s worst weave in their heads, or inflating their asses to kartoonish proportions.  And really, Yeezy?  You’re a writer, a lyricist, a poet!  RAIN RAIN GO AWAY?

I will not address ClosetMakeoverGate.  We’d be here all day.

Here’s hoping twelve-year old black girls skip over this Kimye debacle and fetishize Michelle and Barack, instead.  Or Jay and Bey (I’d say Denzel and Paulette, but they’re so Nineties — and besides he cheated on her so extravagantly that they no longer count).  Both A+ black men who fell for their equals, their exact counterparts.  That’s hot.  Kim and Kanye are financial equals (and there’s something to be said for that), but that’s it.  Eww.  I just hate them.

1. September 24, 2012 2:18 pm  Reply

LOL no you just DID NOT say WAYMINUTE………

2. Raven
    September 24, 2012 2:23 pm  Reply

**lower lip begins to quiver, eyes slowly begin to fill with mist, heaves** Denzel ch-ch-cheated? Tia!!!! Care to come to my house and tell my baby there is no Santa? What about the Easter Bunny while you’re at it? LOL!!!! Wow…you just stabbed me with that one. And what rock have I been under? Anyway…yeah…I agree with errthang you just mentioned. (Are we sure about Denzel?)I make a point to always smile at our precious little black girls and ask about school and compliment them.

3. mimi
    September 24, 2012 2:23 pm  Reply

In the words of Meek Mill Ms. Williams, Amen!

4. Raven
    September 24, 2012 2:26 pm  Reply

wait…DEAD @ doberman-ager mom!!!

5. audrey
    September 24, 2012 2:30 pm  Reply

LMAO @ Raven ….

Agree with you 110% Tia …. Didn’t want to mention this is my quest to resist negativity but since you bought it up …

They are wrong … just wrong. Hope Kanye gets his fill and comes back home!

6. September 24, 2012 2:48 pm  Reply

Agreed so many hate on Kim because she made millions off the sex tape and spinned into a career now with Kanye and Kim my question is why did he live his wholesome girlfriend? The fame or because he lost his head after his mom died

7. Heysuga1
    September 24, 2012 2:58 pm  Reply

I agree with EVERY thing you just said except for the reference to Kanye as an A+ black man. When I look at him I see a narcissistic, damaged and confused man. Albeit a creative genius (can’t deny his talent), but BAT-SHIT-CRAY nonetheless. I’ve been over them since the speculation that they were dating began but I don’t think that confident, gorgeous, ambitious and talented black women of the world are missing out here. Let her have him!

• twilliams
      September 24, 2012 3:28 pm  Reply

Totally hear you, babe. As I writer, I go weak in the knees for that level of creativity — and I proceed to happily (and dangerously) ignore all offensive character traits. So yeah, for me a creative genius is A+. I really need to go back to therapy.

• September 24, 2012 4:27 pm  Reply

I too hath suffered this disease…here’s hoping I can keep that shit in remission!

• caligirl
      September 26, 2012 9:49 am  Reply

I’ve gotta agree with this comment and disagree with your post Tia. I’m just not a Kim hater. I mean there are far more celebs who have very little talent and are disgustingly obnoxious. I don’t think Kim has ever pretended she’s more than what she is – and if people want to stan for her and give her cash for how she looks then who are we to hate. I do get offended when black guys say they love muts or mulattos but I don’t think that’s the case with Kanye – I mean he never stated a preference other than liking hot chics – which Kim clearly is. Also no one seemed to care when he was with Amber Rose – and she’s super cute but likely not a genius either. I mean if we’re going to get offended by uber rich men dating questionably intelligent women there’s a big ass list of folks. On the other hand while I love Kanye’s music I think he’s a tortured genius who is super obnoxious and can’t spell humility. I mean is he really a prize? The bottom line is I don’t know either of these two personally and in their crazy ass worlds maybe they’re perfect for each other – or maybe nobody gives a fuck.

8. September 24, 2012 4:00 pm  Reply

Kanye may be talented and very creative but I wouldn’t call him a genius. What I WOULD call him is a filthy nasty pompous asshole, which makes him and Kim a pretty damn good match in my view. That said, I too am disgusted by the perpetual trend of black women being unwanted by black men, particularly those of economic and/or public stature. The ability to pull the white woman or the “exotic mix” woman seems to still be the ultimate ego stroke for a black man. A trophy to showcase their worth and success. Barf!
    I also didn’t know about Denzel being a cheater! Sigh…there’s clearly no reason to hope anymore…

• dusttracks
      September 26, 2012 1:43 pm  Reply

AGREED! With everything you wrote. Especially about the misplaced ‘genius’ label. Cheers!

9. September 24, 2012 4:43 pm  Reply

Le sigh. Who knew I would be so turned off from a post by Tia Williams? I’m chalking this up to the fact that it was 2am and no one is perfect.

10. Shenile
    September 24, 2012 4:46 pm  Reply

Tia, I love you (and this post) so much, it makes me want to burst into tears!!

11. Angelica Golden
    September 24, 2012 4:51 pm  Reply

THANK YOU! I agree 1000%. And it’s not hating, just being real.

12. Etcetera
    September 24, 2012 5:38 pm  Reply

I’m confused… when did Kanye West become an A+ Black man? Genius? Wasn’t he previously involved with Amber Rose? Wasn’t she a stripper? What kind of A+ man does that?

Kim & Kanye belong together. For now it seems, they are two people on the same shallow plane.

Furthermore, is a man’s bank account the only factor in determining whether he’s “A+”? What about character, spirituality, responsibility, intelligence, integrity? In my book those things matter the most and I know plenty of brothers who embody those characteristics that LOVE Black women.

If a man were to ever tell me that he wouldn’t date me (a dark-skinned Black woman) because of his affluent financial status, I would tell him thank you and send him on his merry way. Let someone else deal with his self-hatred issues. Let’s stop feeling sorry for ourselves and focusing on these guys with mental problems. They’re losers

• BB
      September 26, 2012 2:49 pm  Reply

awesomest comment ever!
      i totally concur!

• Xm
      January 14, 2013 1:23 pm  Reply

Absolutely co-sign. When I think of an A+ black man (because we’re grading people now, I guess), Kanye doesn’t come up on my radar. Actually, Kim is exactly the type of woman I always though Kanye might end up with if I didn’t harbor a pretty serious feeling he’s the black Tom Cruise (sorry but he’s clocking 90 on my gaydar and always has been. This doesn’t make him any less of a man, of course, but it does do more to take him off the table for straight ladies). My guess is that women/young ladies in search of a Kanye West type may be hurt by his choice but women in search of a Barack Obama type (which is what I consider an A+ man, frankly) aren’t likely to be bothered by it.

13. C.G.
    September 24, 2012 8:07 pm  Reply

YO FUCK KIM KARDASHIAN!!

14. Jacquie
    September 24, 2012 9:10 pm  Reply

Amen! Can you shout this from the roof tops! Eww, eww and more eww!

15. September 24, 2012 9:13 pm  Reply

when did denzel cheat? I didn’t know about that.

16. Stacie
    September 24, 2012 9:29 pm  Reply

I think the saddest part is the overheard conversation of the “black finance douches.” While I do not want to generalize, I believe that some men are moving in this direction. But even sadder is that they will marry the Kim Kardashians of this world and they will most likely produce more women and men that think in these ways. I actually met an “educated” (starting to question the meaning and value of this more and more considering) black man who said that he would rather have a Kim than a Michelle. So if Kanye had a daughter would he want her to be just like Kim (objectified and brainless)? I dont’ think men think that far ahead. Chris Rock’s goal about being a father comes to mind, “I just want to keep my daughters off the pole.”

17. Stacie
    September 24, 2012 11:20 pm  Reply

One last thing, I’m a total Prince fan as well. I was a fan before “Purple Rain.” Prince fans know what that means… Not stalking you but trying to finish my book that’s due to my publisher next week and had to take a detour so I don’t completely lose it.

18. shaditty
    September 25, 2012 12:08 am  Reply

You know I may be one of the few black women who just doesn’t get the rage over KimYe…even tho I Lol’ed at your post (I kinda get it). I’m laughing even more now because of the recent controversy surrounding Mr. West and 2 sextapes he filmed himself in with random women. Ewwwww!! Seriously…what’s the big deal about Kanye? I mean apart from the fact that he’s a great producer and innovative musician? I appreciate him for his talent, but aside from that I feel like AS A PERSON, folks have too many high expectations for him. With all the stunts he’s pulled in the public eye…seriously Ye is not the typical black man…the guy has issues. I can think about countless reasons why he and Kim make sense…race is a non-factor here. They both exist in entirely diff worlds than we do *shrugs* Have u seen his last 3 tweets? LOL!! KimYe are attention whoring cornballs with no damn filter …let them be happy.

19. Fiona
    September 25, 2012 9:33 am  Reply

Love the post, especially how invisible “regular” black women are to our “regular” black men …but you just gave her even more publicity, dumb twitter post and all!

20. Kayla
    September 26, 2012 12:43 am  Reply

Black women get called haters,jealous,and so much more when we talk about that it(Kim). I just stop caring along time ago. I feel young black girls need to focus on their education. Education is a greatest equalizer. A good man, a strong man wants a strong woman.

• tuttifrutti
      September 26, 2012 2:16 pm  Reply

As a mother, grandmother and former teacher, I have to commend you for writing exactly what I was thinking! Our young girls need to focus on preparing themselves with marketable skills rather than worrying about some celebrity hook-ups! Kanye and Black men like him will probably always have a preference for what the media flaunts as “beauty,” and it aint Black women! Young women of color should focus less on their physical attributes, and more on their intellectual abilities! This way, they won’t have to be affirmed by any man!

21. Don't hate
    September 26, 2012 1:01 am  Reply

Don’t hate, mind your beeswax.

22. Obi one For Obama
    September 26, 2012 4:04 am  Reply

i find no loss to loose West to Kimmie — he is not all that. He is putting on some kind of pedestal a wench he calls a “bitch”. One day he will wish he had a Michelle Obama when Kimmie dumbs his black but– hence Kris Humphries. As the blues singer has said, “the thrill is gone” and they bore of each other, look for the capturing of this event on “KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS” mindless, million dollar show.

23. laquita
    September 26, 2012 8:17 am  Reply

I hear the exotic thing all the time when I straighten my hair rather than wearing it kinky. Within the first couple minutes of conversation, a guy will ask some variation of the “what are you?” question. Once I say “Black of course.”, interest wanes and they move onto some other lightskinned-ed girl with straight or wavy hair. I don’t want the guy who needs to know my whole family tree before he decides whether I’m worthy of his attention.

24. twilliams
    September 26, 2012 8:56 am  Reply

Note to annoyed commenters: Kanye is not my type. I’m not mad at Kim ’cause I want him. Also, I don’t consider him A+ because he’s rich…it’s because he’s a remarkably gifted, hyper-successful visionary. Sure, he’s a pouty little shit. But you’re kidding yourself if you don’t consider Kanye more of a catch then the pouty little shit who’s NOT an international icon. I’m also not hating on them as a couple…love is love and it’s always a gift. Truly. Knock yourself out, Kimye. But they’re public figures, open to judgement, and sometimes it feels friggin fantastic to judge ridiculously wealthy strangers!! xoxo

• Eve
      September 26, 2012 1:40 pm  Reply

WORD!

• Kim
      December 31, 2012 12:58 pm  Reply

WTF are people annoyed for? Your blog, your opinion.

25. Tai
    September 26, 2012 9:07 am  Reply

Wait. Denzel cheated?

I was laughing at the whole post, until my heart dropped at that line. Thanks for ruining my morning, lol.

26. Jocelyn
    September 26, 2012 9:34 am  Reply

Yo I’m now your biggest fan lol. While I have never been a huge Kanye fan (his rhyming left much to be desired and his arrogance made my stomach hurt) his relationship with Kim has made me officially a hater…now I hate him for doing that to me lol. It’s not so much that Kim is white (or “other”)…it’s her lack of depth and true women hood that really bugs me. I’m not hating because her mommy managed to turn nothing into something. I just think we live in dangerous times where having sex on film makes you a kajillionaire. People with degrees can barely find jobs, but when we turn on the tube, we see women who made it by being whores. What kind of ideas does that give our youth…that learning to give head is now a trade, much like nursing or criminal justice? But I digress…Kimye represents all the wrong things to me, but we tweet about them more than we do the first family.

27. September 26, 2012 11:01 am  Reply

Great post, Tia. The trend of “successful” black men glossing over the ‘regular’ black chick never bothered me much because I’ve always been open to date men of other races and cultures.

But it does hurt my heart to see the black women that choose and prefer to date black men being rejected, or worse yet, ignored, by men of their own race.

I wonder what advice these men will tell their black daughters one day when they don’t feel validated by men with dating preferences that mirror their father’s?

28. Cherry
    September 26, 2012 11:05 am  Reply

Agree with everything you said in this post, but um, you can’t just talk that ish about Denzel and Pauletta and drop the mike like that boo! What cheating?? Never heard about that and you know what? I’m kinda glad I have’nt!! It would too much for my poor little heart to take.

29. Josette Bailey
    September 26, 2012 11:18 am  Reply

She’s superficial.He’s superficial,and hung up about his height etc.He may be a creative genius, but he behaves like a spoiled 2 year old.How long will this relationship last before one,or both of them with their never-ending narcissistic, solipsistic view of the world needs someone new to adore them.

30. September 26, 2012 11:22 am  Reply

First, like so many others here, I am shocked to hear of Denzel’s infidelity. I just read that he was having an affair with Marvett Britto for many years & my eyes went blurry as I refuse to believe, I just do.

Now about Kimye. I don’t care. Personally, I take issue with any celeb or quasi-celeb in her case, who lies about their appearance & “reality” as much as Kim has but then turns around & wants to inspire young girls. Ugh

I don’t view Kanye as A+ in any way beyond his music. As a woman, I couldn’t deal with the tantrums, arrogance & narcissism, period. I don’t find him attractive. I think Kim’s most attractive men were Ray J & Reggie Bush actually. Why we get our panties ruffled over black men choosing other races is beyond me! I’ve never had a problem meeting black men who love sisters but have (sometimes) possessed other character flaws that made them undesirable.

As the product of a “mut”, as one comment so eloquently put it, I think to each their own & if a man you want, wants someone of another race, that just means that man isn’t meant for you. There are millions of people in the world, find another.

Now, back to Kanye – the fact that he’s referred to her as his “b****” musically is a problem for me & could not be tolerated. When his mom was alive, he never referred to his then girlfriend Alexis that way. She seemed normal & they seemed happy but after his mom died, he did a 180 & seemed to lose his mind. Problem is, he’s yet to get it back imo.

NOW, can we get back to this whole Denzel thing please? : )

31. kanyeisnotagenius
    September 26, 2012 11:51 am  Reply

the fact that you think kanye is a genius shows you’re not much smarter than kim. do you even listen to half the stuff he says. he’s the typical rapper. Kanye and Kim make the perfect couple to me. They have plenty in common. black women should stop chasing men who don’t want them. If Kanye can’t see beauty in black women is he really that great of a catch?

• dusttracks
      September 26, 2012 2:08 pm  Reply

THANK YOU!!

32. September 26, 2012 12:02 pm  Reply

I know some of you sister are a bit upset about Kayne dating Kim. I am a brother and I am a bit upset, because I know there are some really great, beautiful sisters out here. I also think sister should take a step back and ask why do some brother go that way when they make it. Could it be when they were that not so hot, guy in high school that stayed in the books or got older and made it to the club to have you dis them-they decided to look the other way once they made it. Just like ladies judge the book by the cover, men do also. You guys can judge us earlier.

• Casey
      September 26, 2012 4:39 pm  Reply

Wait . . . stop the train! “Brother on the Defense” . . . are you implying that black women corner the market on kickin’ geeky guys to the curb? Please . . .

There is a marked difference between having a preference based on looks (& media/cultural influences) versus having a personal complex about being passed over by GIRLS as a teenager.

Please tell me that you’re not asserting that white women are more attracted to nerds? What’s your point?

33. Idol-Maker
    September 26, 2012 12:10 pm  Reply

I agree with you Tia, Kanye IS a creative genius. As such, Kim seems to be somewhat of a CANVAS for him, or even, a WORK OF ART he’s determined to indulge in. Thus, the whole Closet Makeover. Her beauty, her shape, her character & entire narrative seems to intrigue “the genius” (as you call him). And though she has nothing on Jay-Z’s significant other (in terms of talent or grace), she’s clearly more ambitious than Amber Rose, Ye’s previous “living sculpture.”

And as they both seem emotionally NEEDY, I truly hope it works out for them, irrespective racial differences or their collective baggage. He may have found his match.

Lastly, despite your unconvincing opening denial of harboring any prior KIMMY-HATE, it’s clear that you likely (as you suggested) have your own issues to confront if THEIR relationship bothers you that much. I guess I could understand the disdain if were one of Kanye’s exes or something. Get over it…

34. Lbrown
    September 26, 2012 1:10 pm  Reply

Interesting I came across this narrative after expressing to my friend just last night how annoying they are. She insisted I was hating. NO! Kim is a walking billboard, it’s always the ones that have the most money that still want more, why the hell are you selling a fragrance every month, a implemented product placement in every tweet and just tacky. Coaxing her “fans” into consumption at any cost.

35. girlwithots
    September 26, 2012 1:21 pm  Reply

I have to agree with shaditty. I don’t care anymore bout these two. In fact I’m quite happy for em. I admit at first I was o_O..more so cos she’s too damn pretty for him..then again so r most of the girls he’s been with. Now that he too has a sex tape (or two) they are SO meant to be.lol

36. JackyKnowsBest
    September 26, 2012 2:21 pm  Reply

This article was all truth and I loved reading every word of it.

37. z
    September 26, 2012 4:07 pm  Reply

You need to start dating white guys!!

• twilliams
      September 26, 2012 4:09 pm  Reply

Believe me, I’m good sweetie. #HandsomeGentleman

38. janette
    September 27, 2012 11:47 am  Reply

Kim and Kanye make a beautiful couple, don’t hate. They’ve been friends for years and have a lot in common. I wish them the best.

• twilliams
      September 27, 2012 1:04 pm  Reply

Dude! I’m so not hating! Can’t a woman have an opinion about something without it devolving into “hate?” So lazy and dismissive. I don’t hate anyone but Elizabeth Hasselbeck, Paul Ryan and my fifth grade teacher, Mr. Galbraith. And I don’t begrudge anyone for falling in love. Just expressing a POV, boo boo.

• Tee
        December 31, 2012 1:31 pm  Reply

Ugh can we please leave the term ‘hating’ in 2012? We are all allowed our opinions. That’s what makes the world and humans unique. Can you imagine a world where we all walked around praising and loving Kimye? *shoot self in toe!

39. Karen
    September 30, 2012 9:56 am  Reply

Whew Tia! This is almost as controversial as the returned dress from years ago! hahahahahaa
    Love you Tia!

• Tia Williams
      September 30, 2012 10:13 am  Reply

Right? I was thinking the same thing! xoxo

40. September 30, 2012 2:07 pm  Reply

The genius? Hardly. Nig**s like Kanye she can have. A match made in Pornville!

41. Blk love 2013
    January 30, 2013 7:26 pm  Reply

This is not a big deal. 80+ black men including athletes ARE with black women. Why don’t we ever hear a thing about that? Media makes it look like black men hate black women. Then we bash black men! I love my black man(married 4 years) and he loves me and our newborn baby girl. He says his daughter will not be brainwashed to believing white/light skin is better. She is the most GORGEOUS baby you’d ever see. She a BLACK(DARKSKINNED) and beautiful. She has light skinned cousin and she will understand that we black folk are very colorful <3 The ways kim talks… That "baby".girl..(I don't believe there will be one) or that the relationship is real for that matter…WILL believe being "light skinned with a big butt is all she needs. Like daisy from the great gatsby. Kanye isn't as stupid as we think.